Girls hockey teams are becoming more and more popular these days. But let’s
be honest, girls ice hockey has not always been seen as a female sport. For a
long time, the game was male dominated, played by boys and men, and very few
females were engaged in it.
And that meant there were few coaches and managers trained for teaching young
ladies this exciting and rewarding sport.
But that has all changed now. Girls minor hockey leagues and teams are sprouting
up all over the place, and girls ice hockey is more popular now than ever before.
And that means they need quality trained coaches and managers.
Here are just a few reasons why girls hockey is gaining such immense popularity
- It is fun
- It is fast paced
- It teaches team spirit
- It provides entertainment and exercise
- It offers an opportunity to make friends
As you can see, this is a sport that is offers more than on ice technique.
It offers life skills. It also offers a great chance for young ladies to share
this great experience with others in a game that is mentally and physically challenging.
- Requires concentration and focusing skills
- Requires the players to think fast and react fast
- Requires quick decisions in a short amount of time on the ice
All of this adds up to one thing. They need quality coaches and managers!
If you have ever thought of coaching a girls minor hockey team, you probably
wondered where you could get useful, timely, and valid information on the many
different aspects of the game. Now, all that information can be found in one
easy to find, easy to use place: The Hockey Source.
We at The Hockey Source offer a one-stop website that caters to the specific
needs of coaches, managers, and officials. Everything you need to know can be
found here. As an example, for coaches, you can find in-depth information on:
- What is the true purpose of a coach
- What are the ethics of a coach
- What are common injury patterns for players and how to avoid them
- What tools does a coach need
- How to work with Assistant coaches
- How to plan your practice sessions
- How to present your plan in an orderly way
- Tips, techniques, and drills
…and much more.
If you would like more information on how you can best coach your team,
please visit us at www.thehockeysource.tv and
browse through our extensive library of useful information!